Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mothers Day
The kids wanted to make "breakfast in bed" for mothers day, so I set the alarm to go off at 6:30 am and then try to wake the kids up. Rachel came and woke me up at 6:20, apparantly she had set her own alarm to go off at 6 AM and had already started making the pancakes and she needed help getting the griddle out. It was really impressive! The kitchen wasn't a mess, and only a minimal amount of bowls had been used. We started to cook the pancakes and I noticed the smell of peanut oil cooking. I thought was some residue left on the griddle from earlier, but Rachel said she couldn't find the regular oil and used peanut oil instead, so the pancakes had a nice unique flavor. Michael had made a book for her in his class at school and likewise Megan had made a magnet and card for her. Rachel made a card with a bouquet of flowers in it that when pulled out have chores for her to do on each stem. I made the annual mothers day picture card that I posted below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment