Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lakeville Downtown Dash 5k

Wow, what a busy day! Michael had soccer pictures at 8 am, Megan at 8:50 am. Michael's soccer game started across town at 9 am, then Megan's on the other side at 10 am, PLUS Candice and I were running in the Lakeville 5k at 9 AM! With the aid of our trusty home teacher giving rides we were able to get it all done. This was my 6th 5k, and I was actually more nervous for this than for the half marathon, because this is a sprint, and it hurts a lot more. Candice was also running a 5k for the first time after starting to run about 7 weeks ago. This was something I never thought she would do, and I am still amazed at how fast she went. We are waiting for the official results to post, but it looks like she was just under 32 minutes, ( which was almost 2 minutes faster than my first 5k. That was her main goal she said afterwards!). I ended up dropping almost 3 minutes over last year and beat my goal time of under 26 minutes - in about 25:52.
My Garmin splits are here

These are the pictures I made to commemorate the occasion. I love Candice's face of pure pain in this first shot.




This will go on our "wall of fame". I was wearing a "bib holder" that looks like it cuts me in half like a sack of potatoes.



The happy finishers!


2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Nice job guys! You're an inspiration to those of us who would like to run.

Heather said...

Go you guys!!! That's awesome you do that.