Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween 2009

Not sure if it's me or not, but Halloween seems to carry less and less of a thrill for the kids.  For me growing up it was exciting because:
  • I actually got candy, which was pretty rare
  • I got my costume the beginning of the month and could play around in it
  • I could actually wear it to school
  • The school parties were actually called "Halloween parties" instead of "Harvest parties"
  • It was warm enough to wear my costume outside on halloween
  • The streets were FILLED with kids trick or treating, and I actually had to stand in line at most doors
Nowadays, the kids still get excited, but it's not quite the same.  Candy is readily available, costumes are "marketing" elements of movies, toys, games they see all the time, the whole school "harvest party" concept, and we only had 6 door bell rings all night.  So, the point of all this is that the costumes were a little "lite" on the creative part this year. 
Michael went as a "zombie scream" with chainsaw, Rachel and Megan were both black cats, and Mommy went as a cowgirl.




1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

Lovin' the cowgirl outfit!