Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Polar Dash 10k

This has become a crazy tradition for me since we've moved to Minnesota. I ran the 5k for the first time on 1/1/08 which was snowy and cold. Then I ran my longest distance at the time (the 10k) last year on 1/1/09 in 1 hour 12 minutes and it hurt like crazy. Just finished the 10k again this year on 1/1/10 and set a new PR of 59:41. Didn't know what the expect since I haven't been able to run too much with all of the snow up here, and it being the coldest day so far (1F) that I've run in. What's real funny is I appear to have some sort of paranoia about "thinking I'll need to use the bathroom and there won't be one around so I end up standing in line just to make sure I don't have to go while I'm racing" fear. Anyways, below is the results from the race. It was my best split race, however my heart rate was way high the last 20 minutes. I did the VO2 max test a few years ago and it came back with my max VO2 at 186, yet I ran the last 20 minutes of the race almost averaging that. It was a great start to the new year!

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

You're.a.nut! But way to keep on those crazy traditions!