Thursday, February 25, 2010
Michaels first time skiing
Michael really wanted to get into snowboarding this winter, and we tried to go a few times on the local sledding hill, but the snow on the hill gets so packed down from all the sleders that it's too hard to snowboard on. So uncle Kris got him a pass to go to the local ski hill for Christmas and we finally were able to go on Feb 13th. I hadn't been skiing in 20 years and it was Michaels first time. We were both planning on snowboarding but as the day drew nearer I kept hearing stories about how "it's so much harder than skiing", "wear a helmut", "you spend all your time falling", so at the end we both decided to try skiing the first time. Needless to say all the new snowboarders on the hill kept doing all the things I listed above. Michael did great, and my knees held out for about 4 hours then I started filming him. Other than Daddy wiping out on the bunny magic carpet lift, and causing the ski lift to stop when we got on and off, it was pretty hazard free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After listening to my sister's story of three tragic snowboard accidents in NH, I'm all for skiing. Learned at BYU, but am having a hard time convincing my surfer husband.
Post a Comment